This film is about Al Gore's personal crusade to raise public awarenss about global warming. The trailer can be watched here on youtube.
More eloquent people than I have written reviews of this movie already. Here's Roger Ebert's review, and one from Salon.
My impulse just now was to include links to reviews which had more critical distance, but instead I will excerpt from Roger Ebert:
Gore says that although there is "100 percent agreement" among scientists, a database search of newspaper and magazine articles shows that 57 percent question the fact of global warming, while 43 percent support it. These figures are the result, he says, of a disinformation campaign started in the 1990s by the energy industries to "reposition global warming as a debate." It is the same strategy used for years by the defenders of tobacco.I will say this: I found this movie compelling and strongly urge you to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment